Saturday 17 March 2012

FILM REVIEW:

Girl, Interrupted-

Susanna Kaysen (Winona), 18 years old in April 1967, voluntarily checksherself into Claymoore Hospital after an overdose of aspirin and her stay extends for over a year.She denies the accusation from many that she was attempting to commit suicide.Nurses and therapists are surprised when Susanna acknowledges that she does notactually want to go to college and would like to become a writer. She befriends many fellow girls and forms a small troupe of troubled womenin her ward. Susanna is particularly enchanted by Lisa Rowe (Angelina), a charismatic socio-path. Lisa befriends Susanna andthe two start causing trouble.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl,_Interrupted_(film)

I found myself pondering upon older movies, andafter watching 'The Breakfast Club' on Wednesday night I thought I'd lookaround a bit for an unusual and hard hitting film to watch. Admittedly, I'd seen thismovie giffed a lot on tumblr, and many quotes from the 1993 book all over my dashboard, soI thought I'd give it a go. Before I'd even hit play I had an incling that Iwould like it as Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder both have main parts, andlet's face it, what could go wrong?


In no way what so ever am I self-diagnosing myself here, or saying I ever went to the extreme's that Susannah went to in the film, but I can relate to what she was feeling through out. I loved this movie so much and it's up there in my favourites and I know I'll watch it again sometime soon. I cried many-a-time and without giving too much away, Brittany Murphy's performace was stunning and made me cry even more because I'm so sad she's not with us any more :( 


Jared Leto makes an apperance also, and after being slightly confused to why Zac Efron was in a film looking middle aged more than 10 years ago I realised it was just the 30 Seconds to Mars lead singer. I identified with each character on some level and the cinematography was second to none. Over all, this movie is totally worth watching!

1 comment:

  1. I love this film!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete